An exciting opportunity exists for a Bushfire/Environmental Consultant to join our team. This role provides a great opportunity for the right person to take the lead on a range of projects and make a valuable contribution to our highly motivated and skilled team.
Key responsibilities will involve field assessments, preparation of bushfire assessment reports, alternate solution reports, bushfire management plans relating to sites in the South Coast & lllawarra, and to provide accurate and efficient advice to developers, landowners and other clients in relation to the provisions of the relevant bushfire legislation, policies and procedures.
To be successful, you are required to have the following essential skills and experience;
- A tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Town Planning, Bushfire Science, Fire Engineering, Environmental Health and Building Surveying or related disciplines.
- Experience in bushfire planning or management and bushfire protection.
- Knowledge of and experience with the NSW Planning for Bushfire Protections Guidelines, AS 3959 or other state equivalents.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Current Drivers licence.
Desirable but not essential skills include;
- Accreditation with Fire Protection Association of Australia (FPAA) Bushfire Planning and Design (BPAD).
- Other post-graduate bushfire qualifications (i.e. University of Western Sydney Graduate Diploma in Bushfire Protection).
- Proven understanding of fire behaviour, emergency and evacuation planning and fire ecology.
If you believe you are the right candidate for the position, please forward your resume with covering letter to email@example.com. Or for a confidential discussion please contact David Cannon on 02 44214500.